WELCOME TO SEA FUSION ... the magical midsummer open-air live music festival, set on the cliff-tops of Charlestown, Cornwall, which is gearing-up to break loose again on Saturday 16 June 2007!
Our proper-job funky web site is still being designed, but we hope this ‘holding page’ will give newcomers to Sea Fusion a taste of what the festival’s all about. But most importantly, the line-up is confirmed and … TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE! (See details below).
ONCE UPON A TIME … a small, dedicated team of professional people (driven by blind enthusiasm!) decided to get together & organise a small & friendly live music event, in an idyllic outdoor coastal setting, catering for a wide range of tastes and ages, with a few things in mind –
• to showcase professional & amazing local / national bands, across a wide mix of genres, to a starved, yet deserving, local audience
• to provide a stunning setting & location (where else can you watch the moon-race across the ocean behind the stage?)
• to entertain, feed & water everyone ‘on-site’… in style
• to ultimately raise money for local charities
… the rest is kinda history: in short, the location has already become legendary & the debut year, 2004, was overwhelming, with tickets selling out 6 weeks in advance; the 2nd year, 2005, saw 1300 delighted event-goers flocking through the gates. These 2 year’s alone enabled a charitable donation of £20,000 to be made to Mount Edgcumbe Hospice (£16,000) and The Cornwall Podiatory Team (£4,000).
You've no doubt read in the Press that the organisers have decided to run Sea Fusion every other year – to keep it fresh but also out of a sense of self-preservation & to give them space to get on with their day jobs!
SO THE SEA FUSION RECIPE CONTINUES … and everyone involved is going all-out to ensure 2007 again delivers the 'hottest ticket in town'. Indulge in the: extensive Skinners Real Ale Marquee with extensive Guest beverages - Pimms & Champagne Bar – scrummy ‘Sprig 'n Stock' food – Relaxation Reiki Yurt: mix this with the great on-site facilities & friendliness of all the Sea Fusion crew (volunteers & professionals alike) & you’ve got the makings of a spectacular outing … but we never rest on our laurels … so be prepared for more exciting surprises.
WITH A 2007 LINE-UP TO LEAVE YOU UTTERLY BREATHLESS …
• BOY ON A DOLPHIN – charismatic acoustic rock & pop to mesmerize & enthral; you’ll be in tears one minute … dancing your heart out the next!
• MARTIN HARLEY BAND – dynamic trio delivering lyrical old-time blues & folk with their trade-mark bourbon-soaked vocals, tight harmonies, snaking rhythms
• THE HITCHCOCK RULES – indie rock with a twist from this innovative 5 piece … dive into their quirky melting pot of sound … and g-r-o-o-v-e!
• THE FUSION 5 – launching tonight for a hot mix of soulful jazz, latin & blues
• GRAPEFRUIT MOON & FRIENDS – acoustic duo delivering exquisite harmonies – individually, brilliant: together, stunning: with others, mind-blowing!
• BEN MURPHY – comedy & song 1000% energized – Sea Fusion’s very own MC extraordinaire!
CLOSE TO MIDSUMMER … Saturday 16 June 2007, gates open 4pm – bands from 6pm – midnight close
VISIT: Branches of Steve Andrews Tyres Ltd – St Austell (01726 67811) / Truro (01872 273592) / Bodmin (01208 269999)
POST: Cheque (payable to Sea Fusion + £1 admin fee: cheque card number & address on back) to:- Sea Fusion, c/o Broad Meadow House, Quay Road, Charlestown, St Austell, Cornwall, UK. PL25 3NX
PHONE: 01726 76636 or 07866 606 411
TO AID OUR CHOSEN CHARITIES … pledging another £10,000 donation in support of:- Mount Edgcumbe Hospice (£7,000 for a new Bladder Scanner); National Coastwatch Institute (Charlestown); Cornwall Air Ambulance
Check out Carlyon Bay Caravan & Camping Site www.carlyonbay.net They're a superb family-friendly site around a mile from Sea Fusion's event site - for walkers that's 5 minutes on the Coastal Path (bring your torch!) and the remainder on faily well-lit minor roads. Just mention Sea Fusion when booking & remember to show your ticket when checking in ... a huge proportion of their pitch fees go towards our chosen charities.
Need to know more stuff? Want to be put on the mailing list? Want to get involved? Just pick up the ‘phone or email us – we’d love to hear from you! In the meantime, watch this space, your email and the press for more breaking news. Help us to make Sea Fusion 2007 a record-breaking year - we can only do it with your Big Love & support.
And don't forget to check out ... www.myspace.com/seafusion
Sea Fusion ~ Charlestown's Cliff-Top Music Festival
~sound waves for charity ~
c/o Broad Meadow House
Quay Road, Charlestown, Nr St Austell
Cornwall. PL25 3NX
0044 (0)1726 76636 or +44 (0) 7866 606 411
0044 (0)1726 76636
Created 9:55PM, Sun, 22nd Apr 2007
Copyright © 2007 Sea Fusion ~ Charlestown's Cliff-Top Music Festival